- Canon PowerShot SX150 IS - Digital camera - compact - 14.1 Mpix - optical zoom 12 x - black
- Discover how simple and easy it is to be creative and shoot memorable photos and videos of your favorite subjects with the PowerShot SX150 IS digital camera. Its compact size makes it convenient to carry around everywhere to capture those special moments that can happen anytime! 14.1-megapixel delivers stunning image detail and enables you to make beautiful large prints. 12x optical zoom lets you get close to distant subjects, while the 28 mm wide-angle capability makes this camera great for photographing large groups of people and scenic landscapes. Advanced technologies, such as Intelligent IS and smart auto, make it easy and effortless to capture gorgeous still images and HD video. It all makes the PowerShot SX150 IS the perfect camera to capture the good times, wherever you might be.
- 12x optical zoom with 28 mm wide-angle lensThe PowerShot SX150 IS features a powerful Canon 12x zoom lens that delivers outstanding optical performance and versatility. With precision engineering and decades of leadership in optical technologies, Canon has created a bright, wide-angle lens that provides an extraordinary 12x zoom range. The telephoto end lets you capture subjects from a considerable distance, while the 28 mm wide-angle makes it easy to shoot sweeping landscapes, large groups of people and tall buildings. Moreover, this superlative lens incorporates innovative designs that enable it to fit the compact profile of the PowerShot SX150 IS and perform at high speed with low power consumption.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technologyHandheld shooting can often lead to camera shake, making photos and videos blurry. Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology is a sophisticated system that uses lens-shift technology to correct for unwanted camera movement. It makes handheld photography more practical in more shooting situations, providing excellent image quality in many difficult situations outdoors at dusk, inside without a flash, and even at the telephoto end of the zoom range without a tripod. For still photos, it enables shooting at slower shutter speeds, accommodating more low-light shooting situations than ever before without having to boost ISO sensitivity. With camera shake and vibration reduced, you get a sharper, steadier image. And because it is an optical system, there is none of the image degradation typical with electronic image stabilizers.
- 14.1-megapixel image sensorA 14.1-megapixel sensor delivers beautiful photos with fine detail and brilliant color. The high resolution ensures superb image quality even when cropping or making very large prints.
- Canon DIGIC 4 image processorThe DIGIC 4 processor has ushered in a new level of picture quality and accelerated processing, making possible features such as high-speed continuous shooting, Full HD video and Face Detection Self-timer. More powerful noise reduction algorithms also provide improved low-light capture.
- A smarter camera means better photos and videosThe PowerShot SX150 IS features smart auto - sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button. Smart auto automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With smart auto, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
- Turn any moment into an HD video memoryThe PowerShot SX150 IS lets you record spectacularly detailed 720p HD video at 30 frames per second with clear stereo sound. Imagine the fun and excitement of being able to shoot high definition video whenever you want, then downloading the videos to your computer to watch or share with family and friends.
- Dedicated movie button, wind filter and optical zoom while shootingIt's never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. The PowerShot SX150 IS has a dedicated movie button that lets you start and stop recording instantly. There is no need to go through layers of menus or operate switches or dials to switch to and from video recording mode. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want. The PowerShot SX150 IS also incorporates an electronic wind filter, which suppresses wind noise that can muffle or distort the sound. And unlike less sophisticated point-and-shoot cameras, the PowerShot SX150 IS lets you use the full 12x range of optical zoom when you're shooting a video without sacrificing HD video resolution.
- iFrame movie supportWith the PowerShot SX150 IS, you can also shoot video in the Apple iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or email high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
- A steady image is a beautiful imageIntelligent IS analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation. For stills, the system automatically selects among normal, panning, macro (hybrid) and tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among dynamic, powered, macro and tripod IS modes. With intelligent IS, you can concentrate on image capture, letting the camera make the most effective IS settings to assure the steadiest possible image.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD enables easy viewingThe camera's high-resolution 3.0-inch LCD gives you the big picture, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. This high-resolution screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. Clear and bright, it also features night display for easy viewing in low light.
- Face detection technologyFace detection technology makes it easy for you to take great photos of people. The camera will automatically detect the face(s) in a frame to give it optimal focus, exposure, flash (if needed) and white balance. Smart shutter adds fun and convenience to face detection because you can set the camera to release the shutter when someone winks, smiles or even enters the frame.
- Special scene modesSpecial scene modes have fun and creative filters you can add to your photos without having to use a computer. You can make a quirky portrait using a fisheye lens effect or add a beautiful single-tone effect with monochrome. Toy camera effect simulates a vintage look as if capturing the photo using a "toy" or pinhole camera.
- Best image selectionBest image selection is an easy way to get great results almost every time you take a picture. When you press the shutter release, the camera will rapidly shoot a series of five images, then assess the images for any unwanted facial movements and camera shake. Out of the five images, the camera will select and save the best one.