Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
kindle, kindle HD, Kindle HDX, 
Black Friday Amateur

Post kindle, kindle HD, Kindle HDX,
hey all,
with all the kindles out there - which one is the one that has parental controls on it???? I want to make sure I get the kindle that allows me to set how much game time, reading time, etc. for my kids each day.

the one that allows parental controls on it - have you seen it on sale for Black Friday?

thanks,

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:48 pm
Black Friday Pro

Post Re: kindle, kindle HD, Kindle HDX,
If you are talking about the parental controls they show in the commercials-- it's the newest one. The Kindle Fire HDX.

I have a Kindle Fire HD, and I honestly have no clue if it has parental controls! Amazon usually does sales with their Kindles. Maybe $50 off? But don't take my word for it. I bought mine after BF.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:51 pm

PokeMeg wrote:
If you are talking about the parental controls they show in the commercials-- it's the newest one. The Kindle Fire HDX.

I have a Kindle Fire HD, and I honestly have no clue if it has parental controls! Amazon usually does sales with their Kindles. Maybe $50 off? But don't take my word for it. I bought mine after BF.

that's the one :)

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 am
Black Friday Pro

Kindle HD also has it as well. It's called freetime. It's free for 30 days and then starts at 2.99/month which is really worth it depending on their age. If they love nickolodeon and I think Cartoon Network; it's definately great bc you can stream those shows. The parental control app is so easy to use. It's just a slider and you just adjust it to whatever you prefer for video, games or total time. You can also have it password protected so that they do not try and sneak to change it. The games are all free and will not take up any memory. There are tons of games. Here's a link to the page that talks about what all it entails. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CU0NSCU/ref=sa_menu_kdpso/175-6064808-9557037#freetime
At a quick glance at it, they have added some networks. PBS, Disney and Sesame Street are now included!

My oldest dd has the 1st edition hd. She liked the freeplay, however, she's 14 and had outgrown all of the videos, etc. I still could have used the parental controls but she a good girl and I don't need to use it.

I hoped I helped. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:11 am
Black Friday Pro

The fire hdx is the one that has the personal assistant. It also includes Free Time but is just the same as a fire HD other than the live assistant. I can already picture tons of 5 year olds pranking the live assistant just to be funny. :lol:

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 am

It would be nice if there was a site for this :wink:

http://0.r.msn.com/?ld=8vUxnH8zJepuEJ-U ... ujtse1li_e

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am
Black Friday Amateur

thanks everyone for your help.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]