Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Walmart $388 HP laptop 
Black Friday Pro

Post Walmart $388 HP laptop
I've done a search and not found a thread discussing this but is the $388 HP 17" laptop any good? I wasn't in the market for a new laptop but when they still had a pallet load at noon, I couldn't resist. My Toshiba was the first year Windows 7 was installed, can't remember how long ago that was. Keep? Sell? Return?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:18 pm
Black Friday Pro

Post Re: Walmart $388 HP laptop
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavili ... ay/3649058.

I dont know how to post the link..but best buy has an hp that looks really nice for $429. I saved it to my favorites and will probably get it for my daughter if they still have it on monday or tues. I dont know much about pcs...but it looked pretty nice!

Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 pm
Black Friday Amateur

I couldn't find the laptop you referenced, but 2 1/2 years ago I got a HP Laptop at Best Buy for $379. It is a Compaq HP 17" . We absolutely love it. Unfortunately it has Vista installed but we haven't had any problem with it. It is very heavily used - I watch movies and "TV" in bed using it - listen to music on it during the day - my kids drag it to their room for schoolwork - they play games on it, etc. So it is on all day long, literally. We have filled up the memory even though it has 3gb but we've put a lot of "stuff" on it.

If it died, I would get another like it. I had friends telling me to shell out $1500 for a Mac that would "pay for itself" but really, for $379 for 2 1/2 years so far....not really so bad! :) Like any laptop, the battery dies after a year or so - I haven't bothered replacing it because we just plug it in around the house, wherever we are. I love it.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:27 pm
Black Friday Pro

Thanks. All our laptops have been BF specials and we were only unhappy with 1.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]