This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
walmart 1 hour guarantee 
Black Friday Newbie

Post walmart 1 hour guarantee
ok so i didnt do this last year but want to this year, how does it work? You stand in line for them, then do you get a certificate or do you actually get the item?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:30 am
Black Friday Pro

Post Re: walmart 1 hour guarantee
Small print says that if they sell out of stock in store during the 1 hour, they give you a certificate and they will ship one to store for you before Christmas....

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 am
Suspected Line Jumper

For your convenience, I've transcribed the 1-Hour In Stock Guarantee details from the adscan.

Walmart's ad wrote:
1-Hour In Stock Guarantee
* In-store only

6 p.m. Thursday, November 28
Except where prohibited by law. Check your local store's hours.
Wristbands may be distributed on selected items prior to event start time. **

* Limit 1 per customer, per item. Offer available from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.

If any of these items do sell out in the first hour, we'll offer a Guarantee Card for the item, ensuring that the product will be shiped to your store for you before Christmas. See details below.

* Guarantee Card distribution will end 1 hour after Black Friday event start time. Limit 1 Guarantee Card per item. Payment must be made upon checkout for the Guarantee Card. Not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Merchandise will be delivered to the store chosen during the online registration process. Customers will receive notice via email when the item has been shipped and is available for pick up. Valid email address required. Guarantee Cards must be registered at walmart.com/1hourguarantee by 11:59 pm CST, Sunday, December 1, 2013. If not registered during that time, the Guarantee Card will become a standard Walmart Gift Card, loaded with amount of Black Friday item purchase price. All standard Walmart Gift Card terms and conditions apply. If card is lost or stolen, take the original receipt to your local store for a replacement card. Guarantee Gift Cards not redeemed may receive a full refund with original receipt.

** Lines may form prior to start time. Wristbands granting the ability to obtain an item on the day of the event may be distributed prior to start time for select items. Wristbands not guaranteed for all customers.

This is from the 6 pm sale. There is another, similar sale from 8 pm to 9 pm.

- 2014 Spreadsheet of all the Black Friday deals

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:32 am
Black Friday Pro

ok how are you going to guarentee something saying you need a wrist band and then later say wrist bands not guarnteed for everyone uuuggghhh

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 am
Black Friday Pro

harleygirl6363 wrote:
ok how are you going to guarentee something saying you need a wrist band and then later say wrist bands not guarnteed for everyone uuuggghhh

i think they are saying that if you're in line for the item they will start handing out wristbands for that item. if you get a wristband that means you will get the item right away in the store. if you do not get a wristband that means you will get the certificate to come pick it up later.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Black Friday Pro

bfaddict wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:

i think they are saying that if you're in line for the item they will start handing out wristbands for that item. if you get a wristband that means you will get the item right away in the store. if you do not get a wristband that means you will get the certificate to come pick it up later.

ok yes i really shouldhave coffee before i try and get serious in life lol you are right i totally misread that one

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 am
Black Friday Pro

bfaddict wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:

That isn't how I understood it. If you get a wrist band you are guaranteed the item even if they sell out. No wrist band, no item.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:40 pm
Black Friday Pro

No the wristband -- or ticket which is what they gave us last year guarantees that you will get it that night. No wristband you get the card to get the item whenever it comes back in stock.... you do have to still pay for it that night though.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 pm
Black Friday Newbie

are these items guaranteed in stock online as well? i'm guessing not.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:46 pm
Suspected Line Jumper

Walmart's web site has more details:

http://news.walmart.com/blackfriday
Walmart's web site wrote:
To help improve the shopping experience Walmart, for the first time in all stores, will hand out wristbands so customers can shop while they wait for some of the hottest items – like the new Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox One. Here’s how it works:

Prior to the 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. events, customers need to go to the designated line within the store to secure a wristband for certain products. Wristbands will be distributed while supplies last.

Customers can shop for other gifts throughout the store while they wait for the 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. events to start.

Then customers with a wristband simply need to come back to the designated line within two hours after the event start time to pick up their product.

- 2014 Spreadsheet of all the Black Friday deals

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 pm
Black Friday Pro

I think it is in store only - but I'm not sure.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 pm
Black Friday Newbie

thanks. just read in another thread that it was confirmed that 1-hour items were NOT online.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:50 pm
Black Friday Newbie

I did this last year for the 32" tv and it was really easy. Let's say, as an example, they have 50 in the store Thanksgiving night - then they may hand out wristbands to the first 50 people in line (our store did tickets). If you are one of those 50, then you don't need the guarantee card because you get the actual item to take home with you that night. If you are not one of those first 50, then you get a guarantee card. I didn't want to wait in line so I walked up to the designated area within the hour window. They gave me the card that you then take to the register to pay for it the same as you would pay for that amount on a gift card. Then you have until the December 1st deadline to register the item online. Walmart sent me an e-mail a couple weeks later to tell me my item was waiting for me at the store. This guarantee is great for those items you don't need until closer to Christmas because you don't have to wait in line, or stress that you will waste time in line and still not get the item.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 am
Black Friday Pro

OK, so after reading this whole thread, I have a question....

With the 1 hour guarantee thing, if I walk back to where they're handing out the wristbands and request a guarantee card instead, will they give me one? Here's where this is coming from - I need to get the RCA tablet that doesn't go on sale until 8pm. I'll be at Target at 8pm and currently have all my 'minions' doing other things, meaning I and they would have to miss out on other things to wait in line at Walmart for one single solitary thing. I guess what I'm basically saying is, would they honor the 8pm price on a guarantee card purchased at 6pm? This whole thing confuses me, and I really don't want to bribe my more inexperienced friends to wait around for a wristband.....

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 am
Black Friday Newbie

With the iPad Mini deal, if they are out of stock and I have to purchase the guarantee card, will I still get the $100 Gift Card? Also, will I be able to use the gift card at the 8:00 sale?

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next