Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
When do they usually leak? 
Black Friday Pro

Post When do they usually leak?
For the BF ad veterans, any major stores that don't leak an ad before the big day?

When do most ads typically come out? Alot of us after WM, Target, BB, etc. When have the posted ads before?

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:39 am
Black Friday Pro

I think I remember the majority tended to be leaked 10 days to 2 weeks before bf. I think in a few more days we should see many more ads.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 am
Suspected Line Jumper

I'm trying to remember if any ads didn't leak prematurely last year. The only one I can think of is the Apple store's which I believe Apple themselves published on Black Friday, if I recall correctly. Apple's didn't leak because they didn't have a newspaper ad; instead they did it all through their web site. On the Sunday before Black Friday, some of the ads get officially distributed, and the others usually come out the rest of the week.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 am
Black Friday Pro

The big stores tend to make it to around the 2 week mark, some have gotten to the week of BF before leaking. But pretty much every single one gets leaked before the ad is supposed to be out.

You will have time to actually go to the store and look around with your list/printed copy before they close for thanksgiving. Ads officially come out in the newspaper Wednesday night and the stores are normal closed thanksgiving day except for a select few like k-mart/walmart (this year it looks like more stores will be open though).

Get your newspaper early or you wont get one!!!!

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:21 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]