Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
WalMart Price Matching... 
Black Friday Pro

Post WalMart Price Matching...
So I went into WalMart today, and I picked up some Simplicity patterns that JoAnn had on sale this week. I took them to the checkout to price match, and they said they wouldn't do it. The cashier said "grocery store ads only." I then asked her about Toys R Us and KMart and pointed out that they aren't grocery stores, but they'll match their ads. I ended up talking to a manager, and she said they would do it "this time." She told me that there are a few stores they won't match, and JoAnn is one of them. I don't know who the others are. I guess just call WalMart and make sure they will match the ad you plan to match beforehand.
I just don't really understand their logic, because I have seen the commercials for WalMart saying they will match any ad, but they wouldn't today, so how will they be on BF? I even told the manager that they will have people throwing fits on BF because of their advertising lies, and she just said, "Have a good day ma'am." She knows I'm right!
Anyway, this is just a heads up.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 pm
Black Friday Pro

I don't like that............unbelievable

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:16 pm
Black Friday Pro

i hate wally world, cheap junk. that is fine with me i will spend my hard earned greenbacks at the other stores.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Black Friday Pro

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Black Friday Pro

Tell em they should check their NATIONAL ADD CAMPAIGN that says "We will match ANY PRICE.."

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:53 pm
Black Friday Pro

Last year, our local Walmart was matching prices, from ads to stores that were over an hour away! I guess that Manager is just clueless. Ask to speak w/ someone else higher up!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:15 pm
Black Friday Newbie

Post specific store
I use my joann fabric add ALL THE TIME to get the simplicity and mccall pattern deals.... you must have just had a crappy store to deal with. I know that the ad has to have the date, specific price (not a percentage off) to match the price. The other thing that they are allowed to do is not match it if the store that the ad is from is out of the item. For example, if there is a big ticket item and it is a big cut in price sometimes they will call the store that the ad is in and if they say they don't have anymore then they don't have to match it.

That sucks that you had that experience but good job for "sticking it out" and talking to a manager to get the price because I ALWAYS get my patterns at wal-mart... then I don't have to fight the crowd at joann's or go in two different directions to get what I need. I have had a couple times the cashier not know about the ad and not think it's the same item because it is such a deal on the price... but I have always gotten the patterns at the joann price.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:29 pm
Black Friday Amateur

Wal Mart is advertising on TV now that you don't even need an ad. They will match it anyway. I can already see what kind of crap that this will cause. They give me a problem when I have the ad. I always tell them to just keep it and I will buy it somewhere else. Also I cannot stand to be stopped at the exit and get asked for my receipt. Why don't they just watch every move with the cameras. If I have stolen something, then stop me, but every time you go in and out the door you get stopped. And most of the time the people greeters are so old they can't see the writing on the receipt. I pay for what I take out of the store, so stop treating people like a criminal.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm
Black Friday Pro

I made WM price match a video game last year and they gave me a hard time about it. I don't even remember what game it was, but it was on sale at Target for $10 cheaper than WM and Target is a 20 mile drive. They tried to tell me that Target is not their direct competition so they would not price match. I got a manager and ended up with a price match. How is Target no WM's competition????? Stupid WM!

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:27 pm
Black Friday Pro

they wouldn match walmart.com for me yesterday. The lady said "we don't even price match other walmarts...so no. we won't price match walmart.com"

ridiculous. incredibly ridiculous.

how do you not even match your own prices?!?!?!? :roll:

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:57 pm
Black Friday Newbie

Post not a store
Walmart has been price matching other competitor's ADS for a long time, without the actual ad. I have done it a couple times with DVDs. The reason that they don't match walmart.com's prices is because 1) they don't match any online prices because a lot of companies lower the price because they are not paying for the shipping. and 2) they don't match the walmart.com price because you can send it to site to store from the website and 3) because a different walmart is not a COMPETITOR... it is a branch of the store.

I do agree that some walmarts have some idiots working for them but not all walmarts are like that. I use the competitor ads all the time to buy stuff at walmart and sometimes it take a little extra time, but I always get the item for the listed price... if it is the EXACT same item. Yes, they do match the price without the ad but I always bring mine with me to be safe.

I don't really understand why people are getting upset that they have had problems with the price matching because it really is a "bonus" (at least that's how I see it) because a lot of companies don't even do a price match at all.... so why complain about the "rules and exceptions" about the way walmart does theres?

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:39 pm
Black Friday Newbie

Post People mind doing it because they get treated like crap.
I love to save money. I am a mom of three teens and I clip my coupons and buy clearance to save $$$. Walmart has always had a policy of price matching, at least in grocery, so i would frequently bring in the other grocer's ads. (We are a small town, so the competitors store is literally blocks away. Whenever I try to match something, I dont think I have ever gone through the process (out of dozens of times) where the cashier wasnt extreeemly rude about it. The last time the girl rolled her eyes and said the grocery manager gets angry. They always mull over the ad for several minutes just looking for a reason to deny you the price comp on the exact same item. The cashier (who doesnt even give a crap about Walmart anyway) acts like she is taking the loss herself!!! (of course they arent supposed to match bogo or % off). If you find someone who is not too rude to flat out deny you, then my experience is they just dont know how to do it. They have to call over a csm and figure it out. I have to call a manager nearly every time, as a line of angry customers from behind me.

They just arent properly trained. I know-- I worked at the same walmart (before it was a supercenter) when I was a teen many years ago. I was expected to dip fish, and care for the tanks with ZERO training, just as were all other employees. (No wonder the fish were all dead) Not even a five minute lesson of how to clean and treat the tanks. I also had to mix paint and figure it out on my own. I understand it is a low paying job, but proper training videos, would really help. I still love big box mart- they practically own us, but they do have some bad policies. One of those is to nationally advertise a policy that they either refuse to honor or do not know how to enforce. Enticing customers with these kind of promotions, only to hassle them is ridiculous. After Sam died it all went downhill.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:17 am
Black Friday Pro

Post Re: not a store
315brandi wrote:
Walmart has been price matching other competitor's ADS for a long time, without the actual ad. I have done it a couple times with DVDs. The reason that they don't match walmart.com's prices is because 1) they don't match any online prices because a lot of companies lower the price because they are not paying for the shipping. and 2) they don't match the walmart.com price because you can send it to site to store from the website and 3) because a different walmart is not a COMPETITOR... it is a branch of the store.

I do agree that some walmarts have some idiots working for them but not all walmarts are like that. I use the competitor ads all the time to buy stuff at walmart and sometimes it take a little extra time, but I always get the item for the listed price... if it is the EXACT same item. Yes, they do match the price without the ad but I always bring mine with me to be safe.

I don't really understand why people are getting upset that they have had problems with the price matching because it really is a "bonus" (at least that's how I see it) because a lot of companies don't even do a price match at all.... so why complain about the "rules and exceptions" about the way walmart does theres?

See? Here's where we disagree. While, yes..it's a bonus for them to match the price of their competitors..I get mad because it's an "advertising point" that THEY made. If you advertise that you will "Match ANY price" as a point to bring the customer to you instead of your competitor..then BY GOD you better do what you said WITHOUT giving me grief over it! End of story!

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:59 am
Black Friday Newbie

Post agree with changes
I agree that walmart needs to make some changes and better training with the competetor ad matching. I feel the the thing that they need to do is to retrain everyone on this (especially the csms and assistant managers and store managers) so that they are all doing things the SAME. I have also experienced some cashiers that seem like they don't want to do it and will scan over the ads for several minutes and call over a csm but that doesn't really bother me, as it does others, I guess. I realize that there are many people out there that try to "screw over" walmart so much that they have to be very particular about it and so I don't mind waiting. It does bother me when they have an attitude about the whole thing and that is uncalled for. I do believe these are the same cashiers that will give youan attitude for anything though, an item without a tag, you want something double bagged/not bagged, etc. I guess it all just depends on the associates in that particular store.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 am
Black Friday Newbie

Post Re: not a store
cpatrick2202 wrote:
315brandi wrote:

See? Here's where we disagree. While, yes..it's a bonus for them to match the price of their competitors..I get mad because it's an "advertising point" that THEY made. If you advertise that you will "Match ANY price" as a point to bring the customer to you instead of your competitor..then BY GOD you better do what you said WITHOUT giving me grief over it! End of story!

I think this is the problem... they have never ever said they will match ANY price. They have said they will match any COMPETETOR'S AD.... and people think this means that walmart will give them whatever they want.... they have to have some sort of rules and regulations to the policy.

I agree that it is an advertising point for them, kinda like Kmarts advertising their lay-a-way right now but then they charge you an arm and a leg to have the lay-a-way.... they don't tell you about that on the commercial and I don't hear people complaining about that... there are always rules, regulations, "small print" to everything that a company does.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next