Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Radio Shack shocked me this year! 
Black Friday Pro

Post Radio Shack shocked me this year!
:D ....I did the WM thing this year again....crowds were goofy acting so my wife and I sorta held back in the center area just watching....after the first initial surge of grabbers of goodies, we were easily able to get the computer, printer, pants and toys we were looking for...it was kinda funny to see the people crazily grabbing the first computers, then when they moved away, there was still half a pallet left...LOL...the only items that were torn to pieces by the crowd were the 49 buck DVD portable (big deal, mine from last year is collecting dust) and the 69 dollar camera...that was not a good a unit as the 79 dollar Kodak that I ended up buying! The 98 dollar GPS was like sharks on a victim, so when I left WM, I stopped at a grocery store side Radio Shack that had plenty of 99 dollar Tom Tom 125s in stock and plenty of nice stocking stuffers...no crowd, no hassle and a personal store employee to help with any questions....I actually came home from BF with a smile on my face....at least until I heard about the guy getting stomped to death in NY....what a world!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:34 am
Black Friday Pro

Forgot to add a side note: ALL the items that were cleared out first by the mobs were STILL AVAILABLE ON-LINE when I checked my computer when I returned from Radio Shack...ROFLMAO....and with free site to store delivery....I'll be more mentally prepared for that scenario next BF....Happy Holidays Everyone! :lol:

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 am
Black Friday Pro

we hit radio shack first and there were about 20 of us in line. i think everyone in line got what they came for it was well organized and noone seemed shovey or unruly...
much better prepared than a year ago when they only had two employees on duty and noone to help anything...
steff

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Black Friday Pro

We had a great Radio Shack experience, too. :D Not crowded at all at 10:30 am and they still had what we wanted.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:29 pm
Black Friday Pro

We had a great Radio Shack experience too! The only glitch we ran into was the salesgirl acted like she didn't know what a turntable was! LOL! They were helpful, friendly, had everything in stock and even took time to answer questions!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:00 pm
Black Friday Pro

I was at the mall around 10:30 letting the wife get clothes at NY&C (her B-day was t-day and she had birthday cash to spend) so i was wondering around. I meandered into RA and OMG! they had the $29 netgear router on the shelf. Well Since I just got my wife a laptop for xmas we now need a router so I snagged it! I was shocked that at 10:30 they still had Doorbusters on the shelf! All the clothing stores were mobbed like crazy though!!!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:22 pm
Black Friday Pro

Radio shack does rock! I always hit them up first- good quality, good service, good prices. Got my daughter a digital camcorder, that is also a digital still camera and an mp3 player- for $70 doorbuster down from 120. I walked into the store and a salesclerk came over, I (literally) handed him my list and 7 minutes later, I was done, paid for and on my way!! Hurray!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 pm
Black Friday Pro

Last year I raced into Staples for a gps and they were gone.....so I went over to a radio shack and they had one in the same price range. This year, I wanted those little robot bugs that were b1g1 but they were all sold out.....so, hours later, I went to a different one in the next town....and somehow they only had 1 left.....weird.....but anyway, they offered to sell it to me for $4.98 (regularly 10 but b1g1) and told me they had bigger ones for $15. So, I really wanted 2 of them, and probably didn't actually get a deal this way, but I said - how about if I buy the $15 one, will you give me the little one free? I mean, you're still getting $5 more than I wanted to pay....and they said, "sure, we can do that".

So, that made me happy, but I'm not sure if that was really a "deal"....oh well, I got 2 bugs!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:17 pm
Black Friday Pro

Radio Shack is definitely one of the better places to go if they have what you're after. They're not as crowded and usually have a decent amount of the stock. I've shopped there a couple of times as my first store on Black Friday.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:19 pm
Black Friday Pro

They did have some good deals this year but nothing I was looking for - we'll see next year; it looks like they are entering into the fray again.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:49 pm
Black Friday Amateur

I was irritated with Radioshack on saturday...I normally love them..and they offer great service...but in their ad for this weekend there was a virgin mobile phone for $20 down from $50 and as I use virgin mobile prepaid and my phone charger broke on thursday..I wanted to get this and it was under Friday/Saturday Sales page..I didnt have time on friday so I went saturday and the guy told me it was only for friday..and he looked at the ad and said oh maybe it is for today too..then said it wont ring up as that..and refused to give me the sale even thou it said Friday/Saturday. Went to bestbuy and they pricematched it :) If it was enough for another store to believe the sale its definately false advertising.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:45 am
Black Friday Newbie

Decided to avoid BF rush and ordered a couple Sansa Fuze MP3 players online from Radio Shack. Status showed In Stock and then Located in Warehouse. Today I get e-mail that says order was canceled because items were unavailable. Very disappointed in what I thought was a reliable merchant.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity"

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]